Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Haikus inspired by Earth Day

We're having a little "Earth Week" haiku contest, so I wrote a few more Earth Day-inspired haikus last night. Well, and one inspired by my baby. :)

Semantics?
Can we save the earth?
It's the people that need saved;
The earth will endure.

A mother's lesson
I often wonder
if Mother Earth watches
as we learn a lesson.

Hypocrite
Is it fair to ask
others to change their actions
in ways I can't (yet)?

Light bulb
Turning out the light--
a simple thing we can do
to make a difference.

one less
I wish I could find
a way to bike, bus, or share
and give up my car!

the "d" word
A carbon diet--
this one I can't fail, though hard.
I hope chocolate's green!

sleeping baby
Snug there in her crib,
my sweet little baby sleeps.
Oh I love her so.

No comments: